Thursday, December 31, 2009

All About 2009

This in a round about way came to me from my dear friend Sunni. I figured it was the best way I know to cap off the year.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
A dear friend of my, Sunni, has an Oscar party every year. So I made a point to see some of the movies prior to the event and actually watched the Oscars.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not usually one to make resolutions, This year I did decide to set a goal for myself. I plan to digitize all of my old pictures. I am currently researching the best method, purchasing a device vs. sending them to a company. Currently I am leaning to purchasing my own device.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone close, but Katy Struble and her husband, Nate, had their first child.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no. Shane's mom comes from a family where she is one of 22 children. There are currently 11 surviving, they did lose Uncle Bill this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
I did not venture outside of the U.S.A

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A home, one that we don't rent and that I can make modifications to. I am tired of looking at white walls.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Forgive me for not remembering the exact date, but the first part of May. Isabella Kai Bristor's adoption was finalized. March 14th, Shane and I went to Port Aransas, Texas. August 29th, I started my new job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to communicate on a new level with Shane


9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know that I have one. I don't believe anything is a failure if you learn from it.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, just the usual sinus allergy stuff. Overall, I have been healthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
As awful as it sounds, I would have to say my GPS. It has taken significant stress out of my life.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This is kind of on the DL. But Shane turned over a new leaf this year. We don't discuss it, because than he becomes self conscious of it. He is actually putting an effort into our relationship. Now that sounds awful, but we have been doing this for almost 10 years now and we kind of fell into a rut. I will admit I can be rather passive aggresive about certain situations. But he takes me in stride and we muddle through it. He is my champion.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I think I can best summarize it by saying friendships should be a two way street. It bothers me when I get a message that says why didn't you stop when you were home, even though I hadn't spoke to those people at all through the year.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Gas and groceries

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shane going to Ohio with me for the holidays.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Beyonce - Single Ladies (in an odd way reminds my of my friends, CAG, Pretty Praire League's - Amie and Reba McEntire's - Consider me gone


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner, and richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise, it helps me both physically and mentally. But I aloud myself to get wrapped up in to many other things in my life and didn't make time.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
inadvertently encourage self destructing behaviors.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Shane and I drove to Michiga/Ohio to spend the holidays with my family. It was the first time Shane had traveled home with me in 5 years.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Over and over again

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't think I have one favorite, I would rather read a book vs. watch a sitcom. But I do enjoy CSI and TAPS.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word


24. What was the best book you read?
Suprisingly for me it was The Shack by William P. Young.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Discovery? Can’t think of any.

26. What did you want and get?
a new job


27. What did you want and not get?
Assurance

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think it would be the Secret Lives of Bees. I had never read the book, but I think it is an amazing story.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I dreaded my 35th birthday this. It fell on a Tuesday night, so I met Shane and the bowling alley and had a few drinks with some friends.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If we ended apartment living, getting real fed up with all its nuiances

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfort is a must. But I dabbled in accesories this year, longer jewelry,multiple layers and scarves ect.

32. What kept you sane?
I live in Kansas with Shane and have been here 8 years. I don't know that I would call that sane.


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I adore Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care debates

35. Who did you miss?
My family and friends in Ohio/Michigan


36. Who was the best new person you met?
I think the only new people I met are my new coworkers and they have all been very helpful and encouraging.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
"Everything is always okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." TJ (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment