Monday, April 19, 2010

Scrap addiction

I am trying to be good about blogging, but obviously I always have other priorities. So bear with me while I play catch up.

This past weekend, my dear friend Angie kicked her husband out of the house and us scrapbook ladies invaded. Angie provided an amazing menu and lots of space and the rest was up to me. I am finally in a more productive swings as compared to some of my other trips, I believe I completed 3 layouts without pics and 8 layouts complete, with journaling. YES, I said I journaled. If I remember correctly, Sunni twisted my arm and I know, someone will appreciate it someday. But I am finally nearing current with my family album, I believe I am currently working around July of 2008. If I can bring these albums up to date by the end of this year, my plan is to start a series of albums of Shane and I. Which takes me back to 2000. But in the end, I will appreciate it and will having an easier time staying caught up. Unfortunately I have a mess of ideas swimming around in my head of albums I want to complete, gifts I want to make. But for some reason, scrapbooking is one aspect of my life in which I find it difficult to multi task. If I have too many projects going at once, none of them ever get finished. So I trudge along on one project, always looking for new ideas and telling stories about the sweet little girls in the pictures to anyone that will listen.

I keep telling myself that one of these days I am going to have a real home that has a scrapbook room in it. Where I could breeze in start/complete a layout and not have to worry about putting everything away. . . A girl can dream can't she.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was the nag who told you that no matter how you felt about your handwriting or time commitment to journaling, it's a necessity. Our minds are so crowded with ideas, thoughts, responsibilities,...that we have to write down our thoughts/memories before it's too late. I guess I should speak for myself, huh? =)

    Your progress on scrapbooks is amazing...it's a never-ending process so I guess we should come to terms with wherever it is that we may be [*2006*] yikes! ;)

    ReplyDelete